Complying with Constantly Evolving Federal and California Regulations
Explore ATDS' full-service emissions and range testing capabilities. Equipped with two SHEDs, an AWD dynamometer, canister loading stations, and bench analyzers, we are also able to be flexible with the type of testing you require. Our services are perfect for both homologation and compliance testing as well as special engineering tests.
Featuring Sealed Housing for Evaporative Determination (SHED) for evaporative emissions testing. Multi-day diurnal testing and on-board vapor receovery (ORVR) for CARB and EPA certification.
As a recognized laboratory for CARB, ATDS is able to perform California Aftermarket EO Testing from start to finish. Don't have a test letter? We can help with that and perform the required tests.
ATDS is able to fully support the testing and durability requirements mandated by CARB's TP-901, TP-902, and TP-933. From pre-conditioning all the way to diurnal testing, we can get your off-road systems market certified.
ATDS features multiple Sealed Housings for Emissions Determination (SHEDs)
Our evaporative emissions testing services includes:
• CARB TP-902 evaporative emissions testing for MY2008 and later
• CARB TP-933 thermal cycling, pressure cycling, slosh stabilization
• Evaporative canister purge strategy development
• In-use canister performance studies
Our Variable Volume Variable Temperature (VVVT) SHED is capable of Federal and California Enhanced 2 and 3-day test sequences.
We are well-equipped to support:
• Evaporative Diurnal SHED Testing
• Running Loss Evaporative Test Cell
• On-Board Vapor Recovery (ORVR) SHED with Refueling and Spitback Capabilities
• Fuel Conditions Certification for ORVR and Motorcycle Evaporative Testing
Contact us to discuss evaporative testing today.
Certify your aftermarket parts for the Californian market
California Vehicle Code, section 27156 (VC27156) and the Federal Clean Air Act (CAA) prohibit vehicle modifications which increase motor vehicle emissions.
However, since most properly engineered parts do not increase emissions, the laws allow for exemptions for the installation of parts proven by their manufacturer and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) not to increase emissions. The process by which these exemptions are granted is via an Executive Order (EO). You must be granted an EO in order to legally sell aftermarket parts in the state of California.
We can acquire the necessary vehicles, perform modifications, conduct the required tests, and provide reports of the results to ultimately grant a CARB Executive Order.
You'll be on the fast-track to getting your aftermarket parts certified for California.
Contact us to discuss your executive order testing today.
Determining emissions from small off-road engines and off-highway recreational vehicles
We fully support testing for several CARB 900 series test procedures:
• CARB TP-901 Test Procedure for Determining Permeation Emissions from Small Off-Road Engine Fuel Tanks
• CARB TP-902 Test Procedure for Determining Diurnal Emissions from Small Off-Road Engines
• CARB TP-933 Test Procedure for Determining Evaporative Emissions from Off-Highway Recreational Vehicles
This includes fuel system pre-conditioning (regular and accelerated), pressure/vacuum testing, fuel tank sloshing, UV exposure, carbon canister working capacity and durability (thermal, vibration), diurnal testing, and more.
Contact us to discuss CARB TP-900 series testing today.
Helping manufacturers comply with constantly evolving regulations
We support manufacturers on throughout their homologation process as well as helping them comply with regulatory testing.
Here are some of the key services we provide for regulatory testing:
• Large Spark Ignition Engines for off-road use (LSI)
• Small Spark Ignition Engines for off road use (SORE), hand-held power equipment
• Off-road recreational vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs
• Evaporative permeation testing using CARB TP-902
• Marine engine emissions testing and certification
• CAP 2000 compliant IUVP automotive emissions testing
• In-Use Monitoring data collection and reporting in compliance with 13CCR 1968.2
Contact us to discuss how we can help with your project today.